I follow many makeup brands and makeup gurus on Instagram and YouTube and I have noticed lately (being summer and all) that ‘mermaid’ makeup has become a reacurring theme. Makeup gurus creating bold looks with a half fish half woman kind of theme and brands such as Lime Crime and Sleek creating mermaid themed products and brushes.
I love any chance to think out of the box and create a over the top look. The idea behind this look is pearly shimmers, pastel pinks,blues and purples. Glowing highlight and a clashing lip.
Obviously this isn’t a look for everyday. Maybe for a festival or a summer event. If you want something more subtle and wearable for day to day then try just a pastel lip or shimmering eyes and highlight on there own.
Products used in this look:
- Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Radiance Shot
- Soap & Glory Hocus Focus Illuminator
- Too Faced Born This Way liquid foundation (shade Ivory)
- L.A Girl Pro. concealer (shade porcelain)
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible fixing mist
- I Heart Makeup Queen of hearts blush
- Barry M Cosmic Lights highlight pallete (iridescent blue)
- Menow metallic lip cream (shade 14)
- Sleek Makeup liquid illuminator
What makeup trend is your favourite at the moment? Let me know in the comments below!.
Thanks for reading