It has been ages since I featured a DIY on my blog. I love creating beauty products from home and hope to do a lot more in the new year. Today’s post is a fab ‘do it yourself’ holiday face mask, with festive ingredients and properties that will leave your skin glowing and heal up blemishes with just four ingredients!.
Not just a tasty fruit but fab for your skin, Cranberries are the holiday fruit of choice and thanks to the high percentage of vitamin B3 and B5 that sheilds skin against the harsh cold weather. Cranberries are also packed with antioxidants which fight against premature aging, making the skin look more youthful. They’re also high vitamin C that provides radiance to the skin.
If you have oily or blemish prone skin don’t worry! Cranberry is acidic in nature so helps reduce production of oils. Resveratrol found in the juice of the cranberries works effectively in eliminating spots and acne.
Not to mention the other ingredients such as the skin calming with hazel, brightening lemon juice and Egyptian red clay which is amazing at shrinking pores and healing current blemishes.
What you will need
2 tbsp of cranberries
1 tbspEgyptian red clay
3 tbsp witch hazel
1 tsp juice of a lemon
Container with a lid
Blender or electric chopping device
How to make
1. Firstly take the cranberries and gently wash under cool water to clean any nasties off the fresh fruit
2. Place in a blender or electric chopping device to create a smooth fruity paste
3. In a mixing bowl combine the lemon juice and the witch hazel
4. Slowly add the red clay, mixing gentle as it can get quite messy. This will turn into a red paste
5. Combine the cranberries with the clay mixture and mix well.
6. If the mixture is too thick then add another tsp of witch hazel
7. Transfer into a container with a lid and put in the fridge for freshness.
This is enough to last for two weeks as these ingredients are best used fresh. Keep in the fridge until ready to use.
What are your favourite beauty DIYs? Let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for reading.