Huda Beauty Electric Obsessions Palette

Hello beauties, Summer is the season for bright colours, especially when it comes to summer makeup trends. I’m all for the ‘neon’ makeup that seems to be everywhere at the moment and wanted to share with you a palette I’ve been obsessing over since I picked it up. I have already used this palette in my festival makeup video that you can find here but wanted to share my thoughts as well as some swatches.

Huda Beauty’s Electric Obsessions Palette, a slimline edit of the most sought-after, vibrant shades – all you need to achieve an array of mesmer-eyes-ing vibrant eye looks. The ultimate capsule make up wardrobe, this unites nine ultra-versatile, buttery smooth shadows – three magnificent metallics and six saturated mattes. We’re completely besotted with the range of hues and textures and you’re guaranteed to fall head-over-heels too – especially with the beautifully burnished aquamarine and sapphire hues, not to mention the bright fuchsia and rich saffron mattes.

Packaging

All the obsession palettes have the same small yet sleek packaging with a magnetic lid. They’re sturdy and amazing to travel with thanks to its compact size. I love how the eyeshadows are spaced out and it’s easy to dip your brush in without making any mess. There is a mirror on the inside of the lid but unfortunately no space for any shade names, which probably wouldn’t matter to most but is difficult for us bloggers/youtubers when looking for a reference!

Formula

This palette has three shimmers, a purple, cobalt blue and a aquamarine blue. All three have a creamy texture and the pigmentation is amazing. I prefer to use these shimmers with my fingers as using a brush digs out too much products due to them being so soft and creamy. There’s also six mattes in this palette, each shade is intensely pigmented and blend out so seamlessly. I love how easy it is to build up the colours without the formula being too drying. There’s barely any fall out with the mattes but a fair amount with the shimmers so it’s worth doing your eye look before the rest of your makeup so you can clean it up.

Shades

I really love the colour range, if you enjoy bright colours this palette is definitely for you. It has everything you need to create a handful of bold eye looks. I’ve swatched each shade below and created a fun easy look with the Red, neon pink, yellow, blue shimmer and aquamarine shimmer.

• Matte pink with lavender undertones
  • Purple shimmer
  • Matte coral
  • Cobalt blue shimmer

• Bright matte yellow
  • Neon matte pink
  • Matte teal
  • Aquamarine shimmer
  • Matte classic red
  • Price

• This palette retails for £25 in the UK and can be bought here from Cult Beauty. I think this is a fair price as the pigmentation of each shade is unreal and you can definitely get some great looks out of this palette. It’s also a plus that it’s travel friendly due to the size.
  • Have you tried any of the Huda Beauty Obsessions palettes? Let me know in the comments below!
  • Let’s be friends!

Instagram

Twitter

YouTube

1. Wow those colours are amazing !

1. Gorgeous aren’t they! x

2. I only have the mauve obsessions but I really like it. I can’t quite decide if I would use this one or not! x

1. I love that one too! This is definitely for those who like bold makeup x

3. AuroreBlogs says:

Your posts make me want all the Obsessions palettes! Love the look you created for this one, are you posting a tutorial on your YouTube channel for it? 🙂 xx

1. The ones I own are amazing so far! I used this one in my festival look on my YouTube ❤️ x

1. AuroreBlogs says:

Ah awesome! Can’t wait to see more of your videos! ❤️ xx

4. Wow pigment for daysss! That blue shimmer has my heart X

1. I agree ❤️❤️ thanks for reading lovely x

5. This eyeshadow palette is so pretty! I love the bright colors.

1. Gorgeous isn’t it! Thanks for reading lovely x

6. jazminheavenblog says:

wow the swatches are amazing! & I adore the colours. I need a new palette full of brights, so this one is definitely on my mind xx

1. I definitely recommend it sweet ❤️

This is the prettiest palette ever, all of the photos are so gorg!xx

1. I agree! It photographs so well ❤️

8. Those colours are amazing & the look you created was amazing – I am not brave enough to wear them & so wish I was x

1. Thank you beauty! Give it a go sweet I think you would suit colour ❤️

These shades are gorgeous! I want this now. I also LOVE the eye look you created!

1. I definitely recommend it! The shadows are so pigmented. Thanks lovely ❤️

10. Siyana says:

The pigmentation is unreal! And such a cool make up idea x

1. Thank you lovely ❤️

You make crazy colour combos look brilliant 🙂

1. Thank you! They’re my favourite kind of looks ❤️

This palette is so gorgeous! I need to buy it, the look you did was stunning! 😍😍

1. Thank you lovely! I’d love to see what you’d create with it ❤️

13. alwayscleia says:

I love your eye look! This palette is super fun 🙂

1. Thank you lovely! ❤️

14. Chanelle says:

This is such a gorgeous, vibrant palette! My mum would love this as she loves eyeshadow and bright colours!

15. Omg cannot get over the pigmentation!

16. makeuparmor says:

Wow. This palette is stunning. It’s so pigmented and fun! I love the summery look you created as well. ❤

1. Definitely my favourite colour palette at the moment! Thank you lovely x