Illamasqua Beyond Powder Highlighter

Hello beauties, this is the first time reviewing a Illamasqua product, they have always been a luxury brand that i’d lust over but never have the budget to splurge. So when I found a discount code for Beauty Bay I jumped at the chance. There was no doubt in my mind that I wanted to get the Beyond Powder highlighter and I’ve fallen in love with it.

Part of Illamasqua’s May Queen range, Beyond Powder Deity is a lightweight highlighting powder. Leaving a subtle, warm and healthy glow, apply onto the high points of the face for an iridescent shine and seamless, silky finish.

Packaging

I have always found Illamasqua packing so beautiful, it has a ‘gothy’ aesthetic but with a sleek, luxurious edge to it. This highlighter is housed in a thick sturdy warped square box, inside you will find a good quality mirror.

The product looks so gorgeous in the pan, I picked up the shade ‘Deity’ which is a gorgeous gold with green dimensions in. There’s are four more shades to choose from ‘Daze, Dynasty, Epic and Omg’

Formula

The first thing that springs to mind when describing the texture is silky smooth, this is a very finely milled powder and so soft to the touch. It has tiny specks of glitter which are also finely milled and in no way look chunky. It’s super easy to apply with either a fan brush or a small highlighting brush and you simply have to dab the brush in the pan to get a intense shine. As you can see from the swatch below this gives off such a glow. You turn one way and it shows up gold and turn the other and you can see the hint of green. Don’t let the green part scare you however, it looks super pretty one the skin and goes so well with warmer makeup.

I’m so pleased it doesn’t accentuate any of my texture as that’s something I hate in a highlighter if it looks dry and shows up my pores.

Price

If you’re on a budget nows the time to click off this blog post. This highlighter is definitely pricey at a whopping £34 for 7g. This is more than I would usually spend on just one highlight, usually I’ll buy a palette with several shades. It was the shade that convinced me that it was a good buy, I have nothing like this in my collection so had to have it. If you want to get your hands on this then you can buy it here.

I’m so glad I took the plunge as it’s truly beautiful and as the pan is quite large I can see this lasting me a good while.

Have you tried anything from Illamasqua? Let me know in the comments below!

Let’s be friends!

Instagram

Twitter

YouTube

1. Oh my god GLOW 😍 this looks absolutely fab! Love the eye look too btw x

1. Stunning isn’t it! So glad it was worth the splurge! Thanks sweet it’s for a palette video that’s going up next week ❤️

2. Joy says:

ugh the sheen looks stunning and I love the packaging. I actually never heard of this brand, I am so intrigued to try it!!

1. Stunning isn’t it! Once you look into it you will be lusting after everything so I apologise in advance 😂❤️

3. Bethany dean says:

Omg it looks stunning! It really suits you too 🙂 I need to try more from that brand! xx

1. Thank you beauty ❤️❤️ seriously in love with it x

4. This highlighter is gorgeous! It’s so finely milled that it almost looks like a cream product ❤

1. Stunning isn’t it! I do love a fine highlighter rather than the chunky ❤️

5. I was really hoping this was going to be a bad review so I could check it off my wish list.. but this is stunning, I definitely need it when I get the chance! X

1. I’m so sorry 😂 it’s just too dreamy not to show off ❤️

6. ZoBeautie says:

We love a luxury highlighter that actually blinds enemies.

7. Wow! That glow is absolutely STUNNING!

1. Gorgeous isn’t it 😍😍

8. Nova says:

That highlighter in the pan look so stunning! Like drool-worthy. Love the shade that you picked out! It looks awesome on you!

1. Stunning isn’t it ❤️ such s unique shade x

OMG that is literally so pretty! The undertone of the highlight is so unique! 😍😍😍

1. 100% agree! It was the only way I could justify the splurge 😂❤️

10. Chanelle says:

This looks beautiful on you! I’ve got a shade similar to this in a highlighting palette which I need to try xx

1. Thank you lovely! What palette is that if you don’t mind me asking? ❤️

1. Chanelle says:

Unicorns and Mermaids by an Australian brand called Chi Chi x

11. OH MY GOODNESS! THIS HIGHLIGHTER IS PERFECTION! I WOULD SPEND ££££££ FOR A HIGHLIGHTER! Girl you always talk about amazing products ❤

Serene XO

1. Beautiful isn’t it! Thank you gorgeous ❤️

12. alwayscleia says:

That’s a beautiful highlight! I’ve only tried Illamasqua’s eyeliner and I loved it!

1. Stunning isn’t it! I found a gel eyeliner from them at a discount store on Saturday so excited to try it out ❤️

13. I haven’t ever tried anything from Illamasqua. I always find things from the brand in my local TK Maxx, however they have always been swatched or ruined. This highlighter looks so gorgeous and really suits you Xx

1. Ah that’s a shame! Thanks for reading lovely x

Omg this is the most blinding highlight ever, I am obsessed!! xx

15. Never saw color like this one, it’s so cool. Lovely review. xx

16. Siyana says:

Wow it looks so stunning! The glow is blinding, but also looks super natural which is well.. quite an unusual combination 😀 Definitely worth the money!

17. Oohhh wow it’s so pretty 😍😍 I’m in love with it xx

18. beautybyraji says:

can i just say i love your hair color

1. So kind thank you lovely 😘