Hello beauties, I was recently contacted but the lovely team at The Kings Ginger to try one of their bottles of Ginger liqueur as a gift. I am already a huge fan of liquors so had to snap up a bottle. I knew exactly what I wanted to make as soon as I received the bottle and smelled it, a tasty luxury hot chocolate that is the perfect winter warmer and oh so festive.
A quirky and high-strength liqueur carefully crafted from the maceration of ginger root and lemon oils, The King’s Ginger is rich in colour and deliciously crisp to taste. Be it in a flask on one’s hip at the races or in a Collins glass over ice in one’s chair, it is indeed a splendid tonic to be appreciated all year round.
Disclaimer- this product was gifted to me for review, as always opinions are honest and my own.
What you will need:
- Orange flavoured chocolate
- Milk or Soya (for lactose intolerance)
- Cocoa powder
- Cream (optional)
- The Kings Ginger Liqueur
- Access to a stove/oven top
- Hot chocolate glass or your favourite mug
- Shot glass
How to make:
- Fill up your glass/mug of choice with milk/soya up to just over half way
- Add the measured milk to a pan and set the oven top to a medium heat. Wait until milk is steaming
- Add the orange chocolate in squares (leaving some spare for grating)and stir until melted
- Add a teaspoon of cocoa powder
- Add one shot glass measure of The Kings Ginger to the mixture
- Pour into glass/mug
- (Optional) Add cream to the top of the hot chocolate
- Grate a small amount of the chocolate to create shavings and sprinkle on top of the cream
This makes such a rich and luxurious treat and you bet I’ll be drinking it throughout the winter months. If you are interested in trying a bottle (it can even be used in place of gin with a tonic) then you can find it in Waitrose if you live in the UK.
A huge thanks to the team at The Kings Ginger for sending this my way. Go check out their website (linked above) as they have many other drink and food recipes.
What are your favourite winter drinks? Let me know in the comments below!
Let’s be friends!
Thanks for reading